Official opening of the then new club premises 3.30 p.m. Saturday, 11th August, 1928.
Very little has changed on the exterior of the clubhouse since 1928, at the rear of the
building a later extension was added to the premises. The interior of the building has seen many changes
over the years, the "upstairs" part of the club is divided into two rooms, the largest section being the
Concert Room where, on Saturdays and Sunday evenings, "Live" entertainment is provided for members, affiliated
members and their guests. The smaller of the two rooms is now the lounge where quiet conversation and a relaxed
atmosphere is enjoyed.
Although Tetley's are the main suppliers of our beer we do sell a large range of Guest beers in all three bars.